Wednesday 15 October 2008

27 weeks

I love the lady at Tesco who asked me if i wanted a credit card. I'll tell you why...

She collared me on the way out and asked me questions about the card to which i replied that we did used to have a Tesco credit card and it was great collecting clubcard points, but i was unimpressed with Customer Services, so i switched. She noticed my belly and asked when i was due and if this was my first baby. I replied, as i usually do, that i was due in December and it's our third baby, but unfortunately the other two didn't make it. We chatted a little more about being excited and how long i had left and then she asked a question about our previous babies!

What a wonderful change! All she said was "so did you go full term with your first baby or...?" I replied that he was born full term and that our daughter went to 6 months. She told me about her cousin whose baby died at full term too. It was such a refreshing change to have someone ask a question, rather than clam up, look uncomfortable and change the subject.

I don't blame people when they don't know what to say of course - they don't realise they're making me feel like a leper and Lord knows i probably would have acted the same way a few years back. It's just nice, you know?

Today is pregnancy and infant loss awareness day. I went into work to sell ribbons in support and most people bought them, which was nice. It was good to pop into work and see everyone, but it reminded me of how glad i was to be at home most of the time! Ha ha! I wonder if the novelty will ever wear off...?

No comments: