Friday 10 October 2008

26 weeks 2 days



Will work never leave me alone? I am such a fucking mug. I agreed to do some work at home right up until Christmas because it's not a huge load of work to do, it doesn't have to be done every day and the company need me to do it so that i can take an exam in November and help them get accredited. I felt like i owed them because they let me go on maternity leave early, but now i'm regretting it. It's like i've finished work, but i'm still tied to it, so i can't completely get free. I have to worry about a sodding EXAM for fucks sake! In November!!! I don't want to do it! Why am i such a pushover? My husband usually gives the worst advice when i complain about work, which always comes in the form of "just tell them to fuck off!" I think this time he would be right.

I feel like i have to be eternally grateful to them because i have a company car, which they let me keep while i'm on maternity leave. Plus, i've been off and on maternity leave a few times and they've let me come back to decent jobs. But on saying that stuff, i have earned the car and i know a shit load about the company, so i deserve to get the good jobs! It's not like they give me responsibility when they shouldn't! I get no pension, only 20 days holiday, no bonus and a below average basic wage. I OWE THEM NOTHING!!

Sigh.

I know what i'll do though. I'll keep my mouth shut, continue doing this extra work while i'm on maternity and i'll go into the exam stressing about it, because that's who i am. Mug.

Thinking about this has put me on a right downer. I wish wish wish i'd never said "You can ring me" or "just email me of you need anything" or "sure i'll carry on with this job."

I'm going to see what crap i've Sky plussed that might cheer me up and help me to forget.

No comments: