Thursday 9 October 2008

26 weeks 1 day

It was my follow up appointment at the diabetic clinic today and all was well. They are happy with my blood sugars and say that i should continue as i am and they will see me again in a few weeks, on the 30th. I got my blood drawn to check for the long term view of how my body has been dealing with sugar over the past 3 months.

All the usual midwife checks were done - urine, blood pressure, belly measurement etc. My urine was clear, BP was 85/60 and my belly measures 27cm, which is equal to 27 weeks. So i'm bigger than i should be, but not by enough to be concerned about. I've put on 0.3 kilos since last week, which is also not a bad weight gain - it's hardly anything!

So i cancelled my standard midwife appointment that was due tomorrow because there was no need to get all those check done two days in a row. I'm at a growth scan in two weeks as well, so i won't need to go to any standard midwife appointments for a while.

No comments: