Monday 30 June 2008

11 weeks 1 day

We went to see the Consultants Registrar at the hospital today. The actual Consultant is on holiday, but i'll be seeing her two weeks today. The appointment went well and the Registrar went through our history and really took his time to understand what happened to us.

He talked about plans for delivery in brief and said that they would try to balance taking the baby as soon as is safe without it being too premature, but we would discuss that in more detail later on. He told me that i will be getting scanned every 4 weeks after my anomoly scan and i will be seeing the Consultant often.

I feel reassured and pleased that they are going to be keeping a close eye on me.

I'm going to try try try to be more positive and think positively. I just daren't hope. For some crazy reason i feel like if i let myself hope for a good ending, or even imagine taking a baby home it will be that much harder if the worst happens! I can't think like that. I need to try to take some happiness and joy from this otherwise it's going to be the most miserable remaining 5 months of my life!!

So last night i thought i felt something in my belly... Then today i felt something for definate. I'm just not certain it's the baby. In fact, i'm thinking that it's likely not. I mean, it was in the right place and everything and it certainly felt like early baby movements, but i'm not at all sure. Isn't it too early? On saying that though, i could be a little further along. My EPADS scan put me at a couple of days ahead to what i guessed through ovulation. I would be 11 + 3 today going by my scan. Oh well, i guess i'll get a better idea of date after my scans next week. For now i'll just continue to be completely unsure about the movement...

No comments: