Wednesday 2 July 2008

11 weeks 3 days

Today i am feeling a little more positive. My belly has grown, i have a little more energy and i was a little more motivated at work today.

Yesterday i tidied all my desk, did my filing and sorted out all my pending jobs. Then i got home and tidied the living room. I wonder if i'm nesting already...? LOL! Typical husband comment though. He got home and saw that i was tidying up and he said "What you tidying for, is someone coming round?" He he he!

I can't stop thinking about my scan on Monday. In what way will it be different to an NHS one? Will he find a marginal cord insertion or will everything be okay? Will my placenta be in the right place or low again? Only 5 more sleeps until we find out!!

I need to start sorting out the nursery, but at the moment it's full of my crap - clothes, make up, handbags etc. I'm currently using the nursery chest of drawers and wardrobe to store my stuff, so i have no idea where it will go when i turf it out for baby stuff to go in!! Then there's the practical aspect of what clothes i get ready. I have neutral stuff of course, but most of it is either pink or blue and since we're not finding out the sex what do i leave in the nursery and what do i pack away?? I might just leave the neutral stuff out and then get either pink out or blue when (if) we bring the baby home.

Am i allowed to get excited? I did a bit when i was typing then and thinking about getting the nursery into shape...

Oh well, this baby has got to come out of me at some point. It's in there now. Statistically speaking we should be okay, but who am i kidding - statistics hate me! I never would have thought my whole life that i would crave simple normality the way i crave it now.

No comments: