Saturday 28 June 2008

10 weeks 6 days

I've got diarrhea. We had a Chinese take away last night and then i woke up at 3am with terrible stomach cramps. I had a runny poo and the cramps went away until i ate lunch today and they came back. I've been on the toilet for hours with cramping in between.

I called the NHS Direct for advice and the nurse there said to drink plenty and avoid too much protein and fatty foods. She said if the symptoms get worse in a few hours i have to call back.

Do i need to mention how worried i am? The last time i had diarrhea while pregnant my daughter died inside me 2 days later.

1 comment:

Julia said...

Hi Sarah,

I am so sorry about both your son and your daughter. It really is too much. I am sorry.

I am commenting here because I am wondering if they ever gave you a reason for your daughter's death. The diarrhea makes me wonder whether there might have been an infection that got into the sac. That happened to me. The doctors don't usually test for it, because it happens so very rarely. But for me, now that they know, when I am pregnant, I have frequent urine tests for bacteria, and if any is ever found, I get a course of antibiotics. I am wondering if this is something you might want to discuss with your care providers.
All the best to you.