Monday 2 June 2008

7 weeks 1 day

I'm just on my lunch at work after being out to get something to eat. Working in my home town is brilliant, but i forgot just how much scum there is! I went to a cafe to get a hot chocolate and some toasted teacakes (i had two - greedy i know!) First of all as i was sat down an old couple gestured towards the seats next to me and the bloke mumbled something. I replied "Of course you can, yeah!" thinking that they'd asked if they could sit there. They looked at each other confused and then the woman said "Is anyone sitting here?" ah, okay. I'd misheard his grumble. I replied "Oh no, go ahead." The bloke sat down while the woman went to get served at the counter and the whole time she was away he stared at me. I was reading a magazine so i ignored him... maybe he was just reading the other side of my tat mag... Then when she came back they both just sat there looking miserable and not speaking. Christ! If my husband and i end up like that i swear i will just divorce him! No matter how old we are!! Miserable old gits! Now, one of my pet hates is people who don't smile and have no manners, so this irked me. Their lack of smiling i mean. It doesn't cost anything!

Then as i got up to go the cafe was quite crowded with people coming in. I started towards the door, but noticed a couple of people coming my way, so i stood in a little and waited for them to pass. Did they say thank you? No. Did they smile? No. Did they even look at me? Did they bloody hell! So, i said "You're very welcome." as the first one made their miserable way past and "You're welcome as well." as the second smacked-arse faced bitch skulked past. I can't stand rude people!! Even when i was in the hospital after loosing our children and had every right to be a sour-faced twat i was courteous and polite and SMILED at people when they came to see me. It might have been a tear streaked, pathetic wince of a smile, but i made the effort!

So yeah, i hate scum.

I went to the doctors this morning and she booked me in for a scan at EPADS (Early Pregnancy Day Assessment Service). I have to be there for 08.20 on Thursday and prepare to be there all morning. I'm nervous as hell, but looking forward to getting some reassurance, hopefully.

Then i have my first midwifes appointment on Thursday morning. This is the one that lasts an hour and they take your family history, details of previous pregnancies and births etc. I can't wait to get my green notes back after that. It feels more real when you have your notes!

I definately feel pregnant today. I am cramping, i can feel my uterus and i felt sick this morning on the way to work. My morning sickness manifests itself as travel sickness for some reason. I read that's quite common though. At least i'm not barfing at work. Although, i'd love to be barfing at work if it means the bub is healthy...

No comments: