Thursday 27 November 2008

33 weeks 1 day

Me and the other half went for a scan today to check the baby's growth. It's still growing well and the weight was estimated at about 5.3lbs already! There was a problem with the fluid levels in that they are low. They're on the 5th centile, which is still within normal range, but low. The consultant said that if it was anyone else they probably would just leave me for two weeks until my next scan, but because it's me they are going to scan me in a week and check up on it. I came home and researched it and basically i just need to keep myself hydrated. The consultant said it could just be that the baby hasn't had a wee for a while. LOL!

I have only gained 200g since my last appointment, making my total weight gain just over 13lbs. Although, according to my maternity notes i've only gained almost 4kg. I know that's not true though cause the scales were well out on my first weigh in! I weighed 70kg, which was far too much compared to both scales we have at home. The midwife did say that they are sometimes out because they get kids coming and jumping up and down on them!

So, just trying not to worry about that fluid level. Everything else was good. Sugars were fine and i was told to continue as i am. They did tell me off cause i had a spike in my sugars. I explained that it was because i retested myself for gestational diabetes using the NHS guidelines and they laughed at me. I know i'm a geek! The husband said "that's what you end up doing when you're at home all day long!"

We're in the middle of getting our bathroom done at the moment and MFI have gone into administration. I wouldn't mind, but because of this the supplier is refusing to replace the sink (cracked) and i have to try to get a refund from MFI who are unreachable at the moment because every man and their dog is trying to contact them for the same or similar things! Thankfully because we bought it on our VISA card we are covered for buying the replacement. Right now i'm waiting to hear back from the supplier with a price for just buying a replacement direct from them and then sorting it out with MFI afterwards. Never mind the fact they're the suppliers, so it's THEIR sink that THEY cracked. ::big eye roll:: I could just do without this, you know.

No comments: