Friday 14 November 2008

31 weeks 2 days

I went to the diabetic clinic yesterday. Everything checked out fine and they're happy with my blood sugars. I asked about my eating chocolate. I have been eating it because they told me i was borderline and if it wasn't for my history they wouldn't have even monitored me. Plus, i have been eating a vastly reduced amount of sweet stuff compared to what i would normally eat.

Anyway, the nurse told me that i shouldn't be telling her that. Ha ha! i explained my reasoning for thinking it was okay to eat and said that i'd rather mention it and be truthful if there's a chance it's not doing good. She explained that although my sugar levels are evidently good, any sugar i eat will simply cross the placenta and make the baby put weight on, so no, i shouldn't be eating it.

That sucks.

Supermarket shopping makes me miserable cause i just spend ages picking up things i know i can't eat, but i;m hoping that by some miracle they will be low in sugar and i can have them. Well, nothing ever is! All the good stuff has sugar in it. Either actual sugar or hidden in carbs. You never notice just how much sugar you're consuming until you're told you can't have it!

So, yeah, that's making me morngey. Trying to remember that it's all good for the baby though. I only have a maximum of 8 weeks left, so it isn't long to go and i should try not to let the fact that i can't eat what i like over Christmas piss me off too much. LOL!

For the baby, for the baby, for the baby...

No comments: