Sunday 21 September 2008

23 weeks 4 days

All is quiet on the pregnancy front. Baby is active and mum is okay. Dad is fine too.

It's deliciously hot outside, which is nice. I'm hoping that the nursery curtains will have finished in the washing machine soon so i can put them on the line before i go out. I'm having Sunday dinner with friends today. Mmmmm...

I'm definitely entering the hungry phase of pregnancy now, which is fab! Still only 10 stone 13 though... which means i've put on a total of 6lbs! I started at 10.7, lost a few lbs and then went back up again. If i put 3 stone on again like i did with my first i'll be 13 stone 7 by the time i'm finished!! AHHH!! Oh well, it's worth it to make sure the bub is healthy. I'm certainly not going to worry about my weight on top of everything else! If i'm fat at the end of it, i'm fat. I wasn't exactly skinny beforehand anyway! Ha ha! Plus, if all goes well i'll be breastfeeding this time, so that will help to shed those pounds.

Oooh i just did this weight gain in pregnancy doodah and it estimates i'll gain 2 stone 2lbs in total. 1 stone 4.9 lbs of it is on me - boobs, uterus, blood, water and fat. The rest (11.1lbs) is on baby - fetus, placenta, amniotic fluid. Cool! Some stuff i've read says that by the 23rd week of pregnancy my total weight gain should be about 15lbs. I'm not worried that mine is only 6lbs, especially because i had a few reserves to use up first.

No comments: