Thursday 18 September 2008

23 weeks 1 day

I've been getting threatening letters about an aged debt i apparently haven't paid. :o( I'm trying to sort it out and keep on ringing and writing every time i get a letter, but it's not resolved yet and today the debt agency said that i would have a default against my credit file. It's not even my fault!! I had a Barclaycard a few years ago and i paid off the balance and cut the card up. I paid the balance in May 06 and we moved house in June 06. I had a Royal Mail redirect set up for a year following our move, but received nothing from Barclaycard until i got a threatening letter from their debt agency. I've just been on the phone to a guy who was trying to get me to pay the balance, which i'm not going to do until i see what it's for. They say i owe £79.13, but there's no way i would have left a balance that large! I think that for some reason i've had a small amount on my account when i thought i'd paid it off and this is just interest i've been accruing. I don't get why i heard nothing until debt collection though. The debt guy said that they'd had to trace me, but i had a redirect set up and nothing came through. Mind you, it wouldn't surprise me if Royal Mail had messed up there. They're not exactly the most reliable of folk!

So anyway, i've got that on my mind now and it's doing my head in. I don't have room in my mind to be worrying about trivial things like this, nor do i have the money to just pay them to get them off my back so i don't have to think about it! Gah!

The baby is kicking me now though, which is a blessing. Although s/he kicks loads, i still. always think something's happened when i don't feel a kick for a while, so it's nice that the baby is reassuring me at a time when i'm distracted by worry about something else.

I wonder if i'll end up with massive worry-furrows on my brow...

No comments: