Tuesday 27 May 2008

6 weeks & 2 days

Today i experienced morning sickness for the first time this pregnancy. Hurray! Hopefully this is a great sign and it means that bub #3 is snuggling in for the long haul!

My brand of morning sickness is more of an all day sickness triggered by stuff like travelling in the car or inadvertantly inhaling someones fag smoke. I almost puked on someone smoking at the bus stop today when i walked past. Blech!

I'm proper constipated too, but i know i just have to put up with it cause the poo has to come out at some point. I started needing a poo yesterday morning sometime and this morning a bit made it out, but it was hard to crown. You know what i mean. Tonight it all came out so that's me for another few days. I'm happy now. Pregnancy does wonderful things to your body!

As from tomorrow i'm working from the office in my home town, which means i have gained ten hours a week that i used to spend commuting. I am so so so happy! I will be able to sleep in until 7am every morning and i'll be home for about 20 past 5. Wow! You don't realise just how much wasted time you spend commuting until you suddenly have that time back. I was getting up before 6am and getting back in at 6pm. 12 hours spent getting ready, travelling and working for 8 hours of pay. Hmmmm.... Now the work / life balance is better, and i need it to be in my condition. Not that i'm an invalid or anything, but i can't do 12 hour days pregnant again. I did it last time and there's always been a niggling doubt over whether working too hard contributed to loosing our daughter. (Guilt anyone?) It makes sense too for my appointments which are all going to be in in my home town.

I hope i can sleep tonight because i got bugger all last night. I went to bed a bit late with it being bank holiday and not wanting to go to work the next day. So, i think i had got past it by the time i tried to sleep. I tossed and turned for what felt like ages and then kept waking up all the time. When my alarm went off this morning i was wide awake straight away too, which never happens, so i don't think i was properly asleep. I certainly didn't feel like i'd slept a wink.

No comments: